Downtown Restaurant Scene Grows with Opening of Table 21
Cornwall Ontario - Entrepreneurs Dominique Gilgen and Ahmad Mansori have taken their passion for creating trendy dining establishments to new heights with the opening of Table 21 Oyster and Steak Bar in Downtown Cornwall.
Located directly above their existing Pitt Street establishment, Truffles Burger Bar, Table 21 is the latest addition to a growing restaurant and entertainment scene in the City’s Downtown core.
Ms. Gilgen and Mr. Mansori have transformed the previously dormant space into an inviting dining area complete with a kitchen space and a bar. True to form, the establishment features some unique design elements such as a chandelier fixture featuring deer antlers and a wine rack made of wood stumps.
“I call it lumberjack chic,” said Ms. Gilgen of the unique rustic-looking design.
The restaurant’s namesake comes from a 10-seat table in the dining area that was imported from Brazil. Located immediately next to the kitchen space, Table 21 provides a unique vantage point to watch the chef in action.
The menu will feature steak and seafood along with other items that will vary each weekend.
Ms. Gilgen and Mr. Mansori are well-known to Cornwall foodies, having previously owned the popular Eight Zero Zero restaurant on Cumberland Street. With Table 21, the duo wanted to create a new option for fine dining in Cornwall that would compliment their existing establishment located below. Taken together, Truffles and Table 21 offers two great spaces to socialize and enjoy a drink and some great food.
The owners are pleased to be located in the heart of Downtown Cornwall, which is quickly establishing itself as a dining destination.
“When people head out to eat, we want them to think, ‘Let’s go Downtown’,” said Ms. Gilgen. “We have a lot of great restaurants and everyone supports one another.”
Mayor Bob Kilger commended Ms. Gilgen and Mr. Mansori, as well as building owners Giovanna Galletto and Eric Charron of Cornwall Business Machines, for their investment and continued commitment to Cornwall.
“Collectively, they are helping to reshape the very look and feel of our Downtown and attract residents and visitors to the heart of our city,” said Mayor Kilger. “Table 21 is a welcome addition to the great shops and eateries that we boast in our Downtown.”
The new establishment officially opens its doors on Friday, November 23rd.
Table 21 will be open Thursday to Saturday (beginning at 5 pm) however bookings for special events will be accepted on other days as well. For more information on the restaurant, look for Table 21 on Facebook or call (613) 933-9112.
Interested in other Cornwall businesses? Check out these recent news stories:
- Christmas Shopping in Cornwall
- Schulman's Keeps Customers Happy with Old-Fashion Service
- Dreamland Offers Fashionable and Quality Outfits for Children
- Gordon Jewellers Serving a Loyal Clientele for 7 Decades
- Smart, Suave and Stylish Finds at The Squire Shop
- Cornwall Computer Stores Keep Tech Savvy Customers Happy
- Accessorize Your Life at Laura's Flowers and Fine Gifts
- Bicycle World Offers Much More Than Bicycles
- Local Sports Star Turns Entrepreneur
- Future Looks Bright for Fantasy Realm Comic Shop
- Life's Little Pleasures at the Heart of Thriving Downtown
- Kid's Korner One of Eastern Ontario's Best Toy Shops
- Look Good, Feel Good With Aubé Frères Fine Apparel
- Pommier Jewellers Creates a New Cornwall Landmark
- New Food Shop Dishing Up Fresh Meals in Downtown Cornwall
- Cornwall Becoming a Model for Downtown Revitalization